Leeds Criminal Injury Solicitors Compensation Claims
SOLICITORS HELPLINE 0844 332 0498
Our Leeds Solicitors deal with UK Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) claims using the no win no fee* scheme the terms of which will be explained in full both verbally and in writing to you before the claim commences. If your claim is refused by the CICA you will not have to pay any legal fees. You do not have to fund or finance the case as it proceeds and you do not have to pay for any medical reports. If after taking our Leeds criminal injury solicitors initial advice you decide to proceed no further then you are under no obligation to do so and you will not be charged any legal fees. Our claims are completely risk free.
The CICA is a public body that deals with the administration of a compensation scheme throughout mainland UK. The Authority's purpose is to pay damages to the innocent victims of violent crime in Great Britain by providing compensation for mental trauma, physical injury and consequent financial loss.
Criminal Injury Awards
The amount paid by the UK Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority is dependant on the degree of trauma and injury sustained and whilst an assailant can be sued for damages in the county court it is far from certain that any sum awarded will be actually paid to the victim however an application to the CICA will ensure early and secure payment. An injury will qualify for an award if it was necessary to visit a doctor at least twice with a minimum recovery period of at least 6 weeks.
CICA Claim Requirements
To qualify for an award the incident must be reported to the police immediately and the claim must be made within two years of the incident. The victims behaviour before, during and after the incident are taken into consideration by the UK Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority and the victims previous convictions for offences of violence, if any, which are unspent are taken into account. It is not necessary for the assailant to be convicted of an offence by the police in order to claim and a victim of family violence will receive compensation only if the offender will not benefit.
Leeds Criminal Injury Solicitors
What do we do?
- Review your potential claim - comprehensive legal advice
- Provide specialist solicitors based in Leeds to handle your claim
- Use the 'no win no fee' scheme.
- Advise on the value of the injury claim
- In some circumstances claim lost salary
- Work for the maximum compensation available
- Advise on CICA reviews and CICA appeals
What should you do?
- Contact our Leeds solicitors to discuss your case - we are very experienced at reviewing potential CICA claims and will help you through the process
- Complete the contact form or call our helpline or email us.
Why should you use us?
- We will ensure that you receive a top quality service
- We use the no win no fee scheme
- You pay nothing upfront
- Our claims are totally risk free
- Our highly experienced Leeds Solicitors will handle your claim
- We offer same sex representation for CICA claims for rape or sexual assault
- We are totally independent the CICA